This is not my first blog.
Unfortunately, due to my nature of not finishing things I start, it's not even my second or third. But that is neither here nor there.
This one is different.
See, each of my other blogs all had very specific themes, purposes, connotations. It was very obvious which PHASE of life I was going through.
This is not that kind of blog.
When my newborn son was having an MRI done (of course I'll talk about that later), the neurosurgeon showed us one specific view. It was from the top down, and the picture changed with each frame drastically, as he moved down the body. He called this the bologna slicer.
I remember thinking then, "what an incredibly accurate way to show the inside of the body." And as I went home that night, thinking about everything that was coming with our son and his medical challenges, I thought that one day, he will not be defined by it. There will be so much more to him. So many SLICES. And I remember thinking then, how symbolic the bologna slicer approach was. Because as you move through someones slices, the picture is going to change, but you will still know it is the same person.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could love someone for all of their slices? If we could recognize someone for all of their slices? The beautiful and delicious, as well as the tasteless and drab? Instead of picking and choosing slices to distinguish someone or ourselves, we should be looking at what the picture is with EACH slice, and when you take them all into account, what the sum is; what the end product is.
SO....hopefully I can come here and show you my slices. Gorgeous and ugly. Intriguing and embarrassing. Inspiring and exasperating. Because they all make up who I am, and have made me, me.
#newyearoldme #findingmyself #lifesslices #outofthebolognaslicer
I love how you use words my friend!!! I am so excited to read more!!! Let me see those slices!! Hehe 😉
ReplyDelete#thesliceoflife
#thatsthebesticouldcomeupwith
#yourockandiloveyou
Horray to blogging! I've never been as good at keeping up on journals as I was in high school, but I think that'll change as I'm trying to distance myself from airing my problems on Facebook all the time. I'm proud of you!
ReplyDelete