I'm Cathie. I'm 32 years old and I live in Colorado. I'm currently a stay at home mom on disability, although I am still attached to my job in the career I had for 12 years in health insurance. More on that later. I also run my own business through Jamberry, which I love doing. I love Disney, art, dancing, fashion, the color pink, hot air balloons, sprinkles, and so much more.
This is my son, Matthew. He just turned a year old. He was born on December 15 2016. He is my rainbow baby and an absolute miracle. He was conceived after a war of fighting withbinfertility and two miscarriages. It took a lot to get him here, and he is adored beyond words. Unfortunately, he was born with a birth defect called Spina Bifida. More on that later. In May of 2017, he had surgery to correct part of his defect. Since then, our life has been full of many, many, MANY doctor's appointments, and we are doing everything we can to give him to fullest life possible.
This is my husband, Carlos. We met when I was 16, started dating in February of 2003, were legally married in 2012, and had our wedding ceremony in 2015. It is crazy to believe that we have been together for 15 years. We have had a lot of ups and downs but always come out on top. He is an amazing person, husband, friend, partner, and father. Essentially growing up into adulthood together have us each the chance to see each other grow, and I have to say that I am incredibly proud of the man he is.
As of lately, my life is mostly occupied with trying to get healthy mentally. More on that later (sensing a pattern? My life is slightly complicated). I've recently received a new diagnosis and am seeing a therapist to manage my medication as well as work through issues that contribute to my illness. I am a HUGE advocate of mental health treatment and want to focus on breaking the stigma as much as I possibly can. The new medications I’m on seem to be helping, but it is a complicated process and I’m not entirely sure I have the correct or full diagnosis I should have.
Anyway. There’s my life. Ready to dive in?

No comments:
Post a Comment